Washington Community School
191 Avenue B. Bayonne NJ
201-858-5990 Fax: 201-436-0256
Mrs. Lisa Wasielewski, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Janice DeFilippis, Secretary
Mrs. Cirminello, Nurse
Ms. Cangiano, Guidance Counselor/Anti Bullying Specialist
The Mission Statement of Washington Community School and the Bayonne Public School District is to provide optimum learning opportunities for all students in a safe, secure, inclusive learning environment that fosters personal and interpersonal growth, lifelong learning and a strong sense of community. We believe that the district's mission can be accomplished when administrators, teachers, parents and the community collaborate as a team to accomplish its goals, which are
- To set high standards and expectations for student achievement.
- To provide a safe environment conducive to learning.
- To meet the needs of our diverse, multi-cultural school population.
- To provide a challenging curriculum by utilizing educational technologies that meet the needs of the 21st century.
- To provide programs that foster successful home, school and community partnerships.
- To provide continued teacher training and professional development.